This thing looks fancy but it’s really easy if you’ve got prepared puffed pastry in the freezer. Besides having to think ahead to thaw the pastry, it makes for a fairly quick and light lunch option, or side.
Leek & tatsoi tart
By October 4, 2011Published:
- Yield: 2 to 4 Servings
This thing looks fancy but it's really easy if you've got prepared puffed pastry in the freezer. Besides having to think ahead to …
- ½ package puffed pastry thawed
- 6 to 8 skinny leeks trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 large handful tatsoi roughly chopped
- While rolling out the dough into a square, sauté the leeks in olive oil until soft, translucent and some are browned.
- Arrange the tatsoi in the middle of the pastry then spread the leeks evenly over top. Fold over the edges as you see fit, to hold it all in.
- Bake at 450°F, or according to the instructions on the package, until light brown.
One day, if I ever get the courage, I will try my hand at making puffed pastry from scratch. VeganDad’s recipe looks neat.